View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
JeffB

I have a cpl herniated discs in my very lower back, compliments to the Corps. My lowest disc tends to slip slightly form time to time leaving me with many sleepless nights before it finally pops back into place. I found that no matter what yak I have used, they have never did my back any justice. I have owned a prowler, trident, tarpon, and a Revo. I have fished an outback,fish 'n' dive, maurader, and a PA ( both the old 14 and the newer 12) as well. No matter what, my back is always killing at the end of the day, depending how long I stay out. Not sure what area of your back you have problems, but stretching nicely before you get on the water may help. It made sound funny, but I always stretch out really good at home before I hit the water. It is the one thing that i have tooken from my physical therapy that I find works for me. There maybe guys on here who swear that a certain yak will heal you, but I haven't found it. The one thing though, my paddle kayaks did wonders for my injured shoulder. I separated it in Afghan and was forced to leave the gym.