View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
AirborneYak

First legal butt!! @ Los Almitos Bay

Just got of school and had an itching to fish. Launched out of marine bay around 1500. Spent some time with my daughter and then I went off to fish.

Headed to the break walls with Nada to show for it. I started to head back to my launch at about 1830. I think this is when the tide started to move back in. I was starting to get little nibbles and felt a little hope. I was throwing a 3" big hammer at the docks and was not producing squat. At this point, I was about ready to call it a day and start peddling back. I decided to cast one more time between two docks. I felt a little bite and reeled it in a little more and felt a feint tug and then I set the hook. I immediately felt a head shake!! After a great fight, I get him in the yak and measured him at about 26"-28". I didn't have a tape measure, but on my outback it has pre marked measurements at 15", 22", 28", and 30". And from a closed mouth to tail it sat between the closer to 28 than 22. At home, it measured 26" and weighed in at 5.6 lbs.

Here are some pics because a report without it is is just another fish tale!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
AirborneYak is offline   Reply With Quote