Thread: Twosday in LJ
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 12:39 PM   #11
Arne

Decided to go against conventional wisdom and used bait again - yoyoing makes my arms tired ... but then again, so did these guys:

The first one was before sun up - took me for a sideways ride in the choppy slop. Had my big and chunky YT on deck so I distributed some bait and sent one of my last two greenies out. My paddle back to "the spot" was disrupted by a massive hit. This one spun me around and then headed for a lobster buoy. Luckily, it didn't want to sit and circle around the buoy so I was able to clear the rope and continued with the sleigh ride. Finally got her to color, gaffed and bled her, and thought this one could be pushing forty. Its tail was hanging in the water like the 43#er I caught in January so I was stoked and ready to paddle in.

Threw the last one down and started paddling and got absolutely hammered by a third yellow. This one was peeling line and almost had me spooled before I got a handle on it - then it spit the hook and I paddled in.

When I stuck the tape on them on the beach the first one, the smaller one, measured 44 inches. I got pretty excited about then sinced the other was a tad bigger. Stuck the tape on her and I was shocked to see it top out at just over 52 inches.

I didn't bother weighing them - straight to the b/t store by my office for an official weight. When I asked if their scale was up an running he said yes, and could I bring the fish into the shop in a bucket - a bucket I said?

The first one hit the scale at a whopping 39 lbs. 14 oz.

The second one floored me ....

:shock:

:shock:

:mrgreen:

52 lbs. 8 oz.

GET OUT THERE!!!!

Arne 8)
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote