View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 07:16 PM   #4
bdkirby

Send a message via AIM to bdkirby Send a message via Yahoo to bdkirby
bait tank

I to have this same tank but do not have any of these problems. I have the foam gasket but it was cut and fitted closer to the inner recess on the tank. On the inlet end of the pump I put a small piece of hoisery between the inlet tube and the actual pump fitting to filter out any kelp or debris. Additionally I have added two small eyelets on either side of the tank and strap it down with a bungee when navigating the surf or if water conditions become suspiciously turbulant. The 12" suck start tube makes a world of difference as opposed to a shorter one that is difficult to operate from the "captains chair." One thing that bothers me is the leaky thru-tank fittings on the outlet of the pump and the poor connection on the perko thru-hull electrical connector. Another problem I had is my atwood aerator switch going bonkers about one month after I had it installed. The timer just stopped working and at $40-a-pop that's fairly unsatifactory. Just yesterday a terminal snapped off my battery, but that is clearly operator fault. (note to self: Disconnect battery during transport)