View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 11:47 AM   #55
mbaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos ballenas View Post
good question. Legally I don't think you could keep it, regardless of its potential to survive...

I'm would assume you're supossed to cut the line immediately, but I doubt there are any rules or regulations that have been written up to address such a case.

Legally I don't think anyone could prove anything in regards to this kind of situation.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I'm pissed off about the Scripps area being closed.

It doesn't make any sense to close the area to pelagics but leave it open to coastal pelagics.

This is just another example of how the whole MLPA process was flawed, biased, and twisted by the enviros.

The stupid enviros don't even know the difference between what making bait and catching fish looks like!

Its just stupid.
I think it is funny that the MLPA uses the term "coastal pelagic" to refer to bait, because to me WSB is a coastal pelagic.

To your question as to why coastal pelagics are the only think allowed for take, my understanding is that the area was suppose to be a full SMR (zero take) and the Efferingham(sp) brothers said they need the area to make bait and your lot (the kayakers) fought hard to keep the right to make bait at the pier and canyon. And the game warden who parks at base of the pier or watches from the top of blacks knows the difference between a sardine and a yellowtail.
mbaha is offline   Reply With Quote