View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
Allisgroovey
Junior

Harbor Freight - No Customer Service

I built Harbor Freight's 4 x 4 foldable trailer to carry our two 10.5 ft fishing Kayaks, trips to the dump, and firewood.

The kit assembled pretty well for an unskilled kind of guy, using suggestions I found on the web from others. The instructions are just minimal. They could use some "blown up" illustrations of small areas.

Like others I find the light package inadequate. Could not get running lights to work, then nothing at all. I have to check all my connections. The parts did not match the instructions, so I guessed.

I have called their Customer Assistance Tech dept. Left a message, and sent them an email per their instructions. Five working days later no word. I bought new lights and wiring and may just run down the problem and replace their kit.

It is a sound trailer. I added 1/2 inch plywood floor and side rails from scraps in the garage. Nothing fancy and multiple purpose.

I got $100 off with a coupon, but given the work and hours, and additional expenses of replacing the wiring/lights I might have just bought one from Fleet & farm, except the HF one folds up and can go in my garage in the winter.
Allisgroovey is offline   Reply With Quote