View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 08:05 AM   #1
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Current County Line Report

Conditions looked too good to be true, forcast said 1-2ft waves with less than 5mph winds. Arrived at the beach, sets were 2-4ft lull was about 45 secs. The back up plan is always Leo, but i like taking care of my kayak and hate all the rocks there.
So i launched and trolled and fished, but all i got was a ton of small rockfish. Went to another location, but i guess everyone knew about that location because soon i was not alone anymore. So i went to another location.Managed to get a good sheep head, which we cooked later that evening. My wife broiled it with an onion stuffing of some sort.
On the way back there was about 10 surfers in between my Car and I. I instantly got an adrenaline rush. Surf was now 3-4 ft with OCC 5ft sets, with surfers in the middle. I got as close as i could to the last wave before it crested and made it back to the beach, when a rouge cross swell built up enough force to make a 5 shore pounder. My trident 15 instantly turned side ways with me on it, tossed me down as i braced. I did not capsize, but my outrigger arm snapped off.( Home depot fix $5.00)

BTW: I fish long beach a few days ago and there was so much Bait everywhere, Malibu had alot of fin bait also. I do not recall seeing so much bait everywhere before.

Dangerous place.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it

Last edited by wiredantz; 03-18-2015 at 08:10 AM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote