Thread: My New X-13
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
red34
Junior

My New X-13

Well I took the plunge and traded my Mini-X for an X-13 this week. I can’t wait to put the boat in the water. Probably gonna give it a run tomorrow morning so that I can test out how I want to rig this thing up.
I started really simple with just a few things like a new seat and a low profile rope cleat.

I added 2 diagonal rod tubes to my old crate because I wanted to be able to lay my spare rods a little lower. Especially when fishing under the 66 bridge here on Rayburn. I was sick of having them scratch under the pilings when straight up. I’m sure it’ll be a little nicer in the wind too.

I will be adding this Scotty anchor setup to the rear of the boat so that I don’t have to carry my anchor in my lap anymore. I will add a height extender as well to get the anchor completely out of the water. This should make hopping from green light to green light at the coast a lot simpler. Also will be cool for deploying the drift sock on a big fish.

Added some paddle clips because Malibu’s bungee holder simply does not hold down with any authority.

Also picked up a bed extender from Harbor Freight. They are on sale for $24.99 right now. I’ll use it for height and go over my bed cover to the roof rather than in the bed of the truck for long distance transport.

I still have a few decisions to make and some rigging to do:

1. What to do with the front hatch

2. Where I will carry live bait

3. Add a Scotty rod holder with a height extender to the center console

4. I'll add a Fish Finder and battery system in the near future

More pics to come as I go.
red34 is offline   Reply With Quote