View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 07:04 PM   #1
iethinker

LJ..........One fish two fish red fish blue fish!

You know I had to go there given the two red fish and one blue-ish fish...right? Can you see the Geisel Library from the NW corner?

This is a kayak fishing report from La Jolla on 8/22/21.

Water was 72-degrees but I did not see any surface action. Even the bait balls/clouds were deep on the bottom. People still making squid at the usual spot but none for me. I was interested in quickly getting out to the rockfishing grounds while the tidal coefficient was high to play with a particularly large swimbait. Grabbed a few greenbacks and trolled out & back with 1-oz Carolina-rig for nothing.

I must say the radio chatter amongst the power boats was exciting with ongoing reports of Dorado, Bluefin and Yellowfin being taken. Lot's of fake numbers being shared for sure...HA HA. One boater I spoke to on the water (verbally) said he caught a Dorado and a Yellowtail earlier in the morning.

OK so the Lingcod looks more brown than blue in the photo. He did have some light blue between the brown spots though. Legal at 22.0" but released for fear of shrinkage in the cooler.

Two reds made it home for dinner.

All at once now!

Other things caught include a big Calico, an Octopus, and some ridiculously massive Mega-Macs mixed with the rockfish.

Enjoy!
Matt
iethinker is offline   Reply With Quote