View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #7
THE DARKHORSE

Top of the line gear...

I just had a look at John's inventory, and wow, some sweat deals. All near new to brand spankin' new, top of the line gear. Sadly, for the first time in my life I'm pretty set on rods and reels. I'd have done a one stop shop with John if I wasn't, though. He's got everything from a set of custom wrapped Calstars, custom wrapped jig-sticks, to sick Pro Gear Reels and more. The Seeker I just picked up looks fresh off the rack, absolutely perfect!

And if that's not enough, he's not some tweaker selling hot $h!+ . He's just a good guy with a new baby.

He's also cool enough to pick up jacka$$ kayakers who get in over their head. I can say that because the kayaker was me in this case : A jacka$$ hunting WSB and Yellowtail in San Quintin, on a solo Baja trip ( John's quote below made me realize who he was). I wasn't making any ground in the 35 mph wind that day, paddling up current, to a launch site where my car would be under water in a couple hours. I remember thinking about just beaching my kayak and dragging it, the last couple of miles. Honestly, I'm not sure if paddling or dragging would have been faster that afternoon, but John came to the rescue right before I found out.

"Hey Josh,
As a matter of fact I am one of the guys that picked you up in san quintin bay a couple of years ago. You where still paddling then, and you where not getting anywhere. You could come by and pick it up if want."

Thanks again, John!