View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 06:53 PM   #13
Kardinal_84
Alaskan Lurker

Thanks all. Appreciate you letting an "outsider" post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipripper92592 View Post
Beautiful and stunning.......how do you like that release reel?
Nice combo your fishing with.
Love the release reel. I doubt I ill ever use the 30lbs of drag. I used to run Avet SX reels. Loved those too except they require way too much maintenance. I abuse my gear. The avets, if you don't rinse them every single time, they will bind up. No good for a guy that lives out of his car and doesn't unload it during the work week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH11 View Post
Great video and awesome fish, but how do you do it without wearing some gloves. Hands got to be numb. Thanks for sharing.
LOL. I get that a lot. As a kid in Jr high through college, I ran a salmon processing facility. One of my main jobs was the caviar production. My boss was old school, so he would make me agitate the barely above freezing water with my hands for 20 minutes per load, 20 to 30 times a day. I'm not sure if I got used to it or deadened my nerve endings, but I now have an amazing tolerance for cold in my hands. I only wear gloves when air temp is below 15deg or so. Even ice fishing. Even then, I prefer simply latex gloves. You should see the pile of left hand gloves I have. I always take the right glove off to do something and lose it.

Well for any of you coming up to Alaska, its so much easier when you actually know someone. Now you do!!! C'mon up! Let's fish!!!!
Kardinal_84 is offline   Reply With Quote