View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 08:45 AM   #5
forgivenick
Junior

yes, I have fished off my 9' longboard many times. Throw the cork handle in your teeth and paddle out. Throw swim baits about 50 to 100 yards outside the lineup on a flatter day. When visibility is greater, you should be able to see where the sand channels between the rock reef are. Targeting the sand channels when the surge isn't too great has yielded fish far more often than any other technique right outside the surf zone for me. Bounce the lead head off the sand and you will likely have a halibut on your line at some point. Using a surfboard leash as a stringer also works pretty well. Uneasy feeling with feet constantly in the water? Its nothing compared to 20lbs of fish hanging next to your feet. Once you get on a good bite and dont want to stop fishing while having a leash full of dead fish surrounding your foot, you won't even care about the times when your feet are just dangling there by themselves.
Have fun and post up some pictures of all the fish you catch on your board by fishing the depth outside the surf that most anglers don't readily fish.
forgivenick is offline   Reply With Quote