View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 11:01 AM   #49
YakDout
Brandon

2019 Hobie release manana

Quote:
Originally Posted by absentx View Post
I agree with you in some sense - but I really hope they are not becoming like iPhones.

Given that this is the Outback's first ever true redesign, I would hope this hull design would last another seven, ten, who knows years??

I mean I realize they updated it in 2015 with the new seat, but it seems to have been a pretty stable product with just minor updates from year to year.

But - I could absolutely see holding off on this new design for a model year or two while the public works out any unsuspecting quirks/problems.

I’m not talking hull designs solely because that’s only a portion of how the kayak handles and fishes. You have to think of some of the other major upgrades that happened over the years as some were pretty major. V2 drive, GT drive, 180 drive, all in a span of a few years. New seat, now another new seat, dual steering, lowrance ready, guardian for total scan. I’m sure I’m forgetting some.

I’m not saying these aren’t solid upgrades and it’s cool they came out with them, but like iPhones, you will never have the greatest because they are already working on something better. I have a 2017 outback and see no reason to upgrade it for at least 5 years, even if they come out with some crazy new stuff.
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote