View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #3
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by f'nsabiki View Post
What broke, and how did you fix it??----for future reference. Thanks

I would like to know this too. I grease, vacuum pack and fasten small tools and replacement parts I might need on the water somewhere in the hull of my Outback that's convenient and out of the way.

[SIDENOTE: I lost the tiny clevis pin that keeps the fin in alignment on the Mirage fin post and I was dead in the water. It was a pain in the butt trying to paddle back against the wind and against the tide. The flimsy Hobie wire retaining ring that holds the clevis pin in place is a problem waiting to happen. The effect of losing that tiny clevis pin renders your drive system useless. The Hobie ring fell out for some reason. Luckily, the rubber fin didn't slip off the post and sink, but there was nothing holding it on. After replacing the lost clevis pin, I replaced those ridiculous Hobie wire retaining rings with regular split rings from my tackle box. That solution is permanently stronger. I still carry replacement pins & rings with me now because they only take about 1/2" of space, and maybe someone around me will have the same problem some day.]

Also, what do you mean by "lower range marker" in San Diego Bay? There are many kinds of markers and landmarks out there.

In the meantime, this is a good 20-page PDF guide about understanding navigation and markers on the water:
https://www.uscgboating.org/images/486.PDF

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 06-09-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote