View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

lived in NC for a few years, now out here and have no clue about the west coast...? where are you stationed?

im on pendleton. Oside sucks for any kind of numbers from the yak. but there are a few fish around. lots of Threshers to be found and plenty to catch off the pier. the reefs are a bit of a paddle, but hold fish. might be hard to find them now without the lobster traps. as far as surf fishing, spotfin croaker should be moving in soon. kinda like a mini drum. the corbina are starting to show too and theres plenty of halibut. if you like the heavier long casting, with bait you can get leopard sharks (a lot really close too), white seabass, rockfish, soupfin shark, thresher shark, 7 gills and some other misc. fish. if you like to throw the plug/iron theres a few spots around La Jolla you can pull out some YT and white seabass, even black seabass.

as far as kayak fishing. this is the site to learn. the Yellowtail and white seabass are not my best friends in the yak... im thinking i should just stick with surf fishing. lol