View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 08:29 AM   #6
madscientist

Tough day for us. Made a couple sardines early but the dolphins kept driving the bait away from me. Tried several rockfish spots around the finger of scripps but not much happening. Weird offshore breeze picked up and brought the fog off the land, never seen that before. Drifted out witht he breeze and saw one roiled area of water, but I backlashed on the iron and by the time I got it sorted out it was gone. Weather cleared up so we started to head back over towards the kelp when I hear about Chris' BSB, so we vector back west. SW wind turns on and after a couple of rockfish attempts the wind has gotten up to 12knots or so and conditions are going to crap. Adi bailed and we joined the rest of the yak fleet heading for home. One of those tough paddles back with a quartering sea slopping over the side and the nose kicking up spray. Got outside the launch ad the wind seemed to die off a bit. My brother was still keen to catch something so we headed out to the buoy and over to the canyon edge. Start working for rockfish but at first its nothing but midgets. Finally we make a little move and get on some nice reds. Ended with 7 up to 3lb and a grumpy sand bass. Landed around 2:00 when the wind got serious again and played in the surf with the little yak for a while. Pics to follow.
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote