Thread: Baja Trips
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 12:02 PM   #15
dos ballenas
Vampyroteuthis infernalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDROB View Post
I traveled back n forth without a passport for years and never got hassled coming back across. I always gave them a valid drivers license and was never held up because of it. I have had a passport now for two years and often travel with friends that don't have one. Still no problems.

The FMM issue however I do not know about. I personally have never got one and do not plan on getting one until it stops me from going down to my place in Baja.

On another note something to consider, I don't know for sure but I have heard if you are in an accident and need to be life lined back into the country they will not let you travel by air without the Passport Booklet. That was the main reason I purchased one.
I bet you recommend driving at night too?

If you don't know about the FMM then you really have no place giving out Baja advice.... look it up bud. Sure you have made it home safe to date, but you have been rolling the dice.

Oh and in my, and many others experiences, do NOT speak in Spanish to the police or mexican military. Playing the dumb gringo will get you much further.... Mexico needs our tourism dollars and the cops and military are aware of this, and are informed that they should not hassle Americans. I have never had to show any of the insurance paperwork, FMM, passport, etc. (been pulled over and asked for a bribe many times but talking in English always has gotten me out of it with no bribe or ticket). That said anything can happen so always be prepared.

dos ballenas is offline   Reply With Quote