View Single Post
Old 01-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #13
forefrazier

Guys your size are too big for a Hobie!

Seriously though..6'-5", 240 here.....You are right about the Outback and unfortunately it will be a similar feeling in the Revo. They are both a bit too short in the leg travel area for guys our size. I have demo'd the Revo on a few occasions really wanting to make it work, but it just wont for me. Pedals are at the furthest setting and I still feel like the big guy in a little suit.

If the PA is out, then the only one left is the Adventure. You will be comfortable in the leg length department although you will still probably be at the furthest setting out (7). For me, the Adventure was not significantly faster than the Revo or my Trident for that matter. The capacity is only 350 so us bigger guys are already using up 2/3rds of that before we load any gear. Add a Hobie bait tank a few rods, etc and you are pushing the 300+ marker easy. What that means to me in my experience is that I will not beat the lighter, 180lb guy in a race since I am dragging more plastic through the water due to the increased load. Might of been just me or this picture below but always felt as if I was dragging a$$ in the Adventure a bit with all my gear tagging along:

What do I say to Hobie? Come out with a realistic yak for the larger folk...How 'bout an 'Advolution'? Something with about 450lb capacity, 15' long and a few Pro Angler features built in without the 36" width. Hobie...Are you listening? Good luck Don and let me know what you find since I am in your same "boat" right now.

Steve

Last edited by forefrazier; 01-05-2010 at 06:11 PM.
forefrazier is offline   Reply With Quote