View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
Pescavore1

Ghost Fever is Highly Contagious

This is turning out to be an incredible year of fishing for me. So far this year, I’ve caught as much fish by weight than I have during the past 3 years. I’ve gotten spoiled and I guess my wife too because she asked me the other day why I’ve gone fishing three times and not caught anything. Well, that was motivation enough for me to get serious about getting another trophy within the next few days.

I launched yesterday afternoon and went out to the WSB area for my chance at the 50 lb class that have come into La Jolla. I met up with my favorite fishing guide and another one of his clients - but there’s no time for lengthy chitchat – so I immediately find my spot and start fishing. Besides, they were in stealth mode trying to outsmart the ghosts which they said are lurking below.

I guess they were right because only a couple of hours go by before I’m hooked. It wraps itself around kelp in no time but my 65# spectra performed perfectly. After a couple of good runs, it comes to the surface and goes berserk. It makes another short run before coming up to the surface for a gaffe. This is by far my biggest fish from a kayak. Super stoked.

One of the best part about fishing with Josh is he will put you on fish…big fish. Surprisingly, one of the hardest part of fishing with Josh is the photo shoot because the fish is so heavy. I’m pretty sure I ended up with couple of pounds of fish slime on me trying to maneuver the slippery creature. I’m not complaining though about the photos or about his five-star guide service. Awesome Job, Josh. My wife wants another trophy for April, preferably something the 30+ lb range. What do you think?

Pescavore1 is offline   Reply With Quote