View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 01:12 PM   #47
Geno Machino
"Relax"

Between the gill net ban, 3 miles from shore, and the Hubb's restocking program is what (IMHO and educated one as well) has allowed sport fisherman the successes as we enjoyed in the '50&60's, now. Going to a 3 fish limit and 1 in spawning season(even for the commercial guys) was huge, also. I've been around this game a very long time and anything I can do to help with my chances of catching a 60-70 pounder & help with the substantion of the species for the future fisherman/fisherwoman -- I'm all in! Even this 40#'der is an awesome catch! It would of made the cover of WON back in the days when I see was growing up. Now a days, it is almost an average sized catch...
I worked at the 'Harbor Fish Market' in Oceanside, in the early through late '70's. I witness the only ones catching large c-bass and huge halibut on a daily basis, where the gill netters...
I haven't caught as many Cbass as of late, however the ones I have the good fortune to catch, I take to Hubb's. There facility is fascinating and so cool. I encourage anyone who hasn't taken a tour - to do so!

Tight Lines,
Geno

Last edited by Geno Machino; 12-04-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Geno Machino is offline   Reply With Quote