View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #18
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

LJ Launch Closure

I just checked with the lifeguards along with the SD Park & Rec. Dept. As others have said, the beach and launch closures are part of a blanket closure within the city. As of today, the LJ launch is closed to all activities.

I went as far as I could up the chain of command, ending with with the Senior Park Ranger, a nice guy named Rich. He told me that while the policy is that the launch is closed, he has not, at least for the time being, been instructed to write citations. Violators will receive warnings for now but multiple offences will probably result in a ticket.

This is likely a fluid policy. As the danger wanes, I am sure that this policy will be reconsidered. That said, the squeaky wheel usually gets the most attention.

Those who live in the City of San Diego might consider politely pleading the case to their local councilperson. A reasonable suggestion would be that the launch be be accessible for kayak launching and landing, with the stipulation that appropriate social distancing is practiced and that there is no lingering in the closed area.

Bob

Last edited by dsafety; 03-26-2020 at 10:01 AM.
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote