View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #63
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalkayak View Post
Just got back from there a week ago. Didnt stay at gonzaga but rather Punta Buffeo. I have stayed at both. Next time maybe try buffeo. It is the point right before gonzaga bay. Its killing me I forgot the guys name but his wifes name is Rosario. Very nice people. I went Solo camped right on the beach for $5 a night its his propery and there is way less traffic/ people there. For $5 its camping and use of the bathroom and shower yes I said shower. I know it camping but after fishing all day in 90° + a shower is a must. They cooked up my fish that I gave them and we had fish tacos for dinner. I dont know if it was the fishing or they hosts that made the trip. Cant say enough about them. They really play host to you. Like this. As I was launching for the islands in the morning he came running asking how long I would be so he would know if he should come looking for me since I was solo. Makes you kinda feel at esse. The fishing: tons of triggers big ones too. Got a 6 pounder that would give any 20 pound yellow a run for there money. Triggers got tk be an annoyance there were so many. 6 yellowtail . The buety of staying at Buffeo you are way closer to the islands. 2.8 miles. But its in the sea of cortez and it was literally like a lake. Many cabria. And two good size pargo. Yellows were small schoolers 3-8 pounders The road was awsome. On the last day (my butt could take no more) I rented his 15 aluminium boat with a nice 20hp honda with 5 gallons of gas for $50. Check the reports punta buffeo means killer whale point.
Have you not heard about Baja or bust? Makobob? Las Encantadas?