View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
forefrazier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareem korn View Post
That looks cool. I'm going to go check them out. But, in my opinion you can't beet the common 5 gallon bucket. No corners means the bait lives longer and is less beat up. Especially sardines. Plus, I found that whatever the shape and size you choose it just fits better when it's placed in a milk crate. The xfactor has a molded seat for a milk crate.
I agree...(sort of) Lots of guys use the pet food containers cause they come with the cool spin off lid. Other than that the standard bucket is best due to the round shape. Before the Hobie tank I currently use, I used a 3.5 gallon bucket from OSH hardware. It has the same size lid opening as the 5 gallon version only it is lighter and is the same height as a milk crate. Saves a bit of weight since 5 gallons of water is not needed to keep your dozen or so macs alive all day and works just as well with 'dines and 'chovies. If you really want a lid on your tank and like the spin off type on the petco ones, you can find them online and just put it on your bucket.

-Steve
forefrazier is offline   Reply With Quote