View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 12:28 PM   #34
Baja_Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie951 View Post
Dusting off the resume as we speak..

Any tips for taking the san ysidro sentri entrance and then the toll roads down? Looks quite confusing but with detailed directions should be fine.. How much do the tolls usually total one way? As well, what's the kayak storage situation like down at Don Eddies? Sorry if this has been covered in previous posts I couldn't find much in re. to this..

Thanks!
There is no Sentri entrance going South (as far as I know) - going North though - for me the biggest stress of going through San Ysidro is finding my way through the maze to get to the Sentri lanes. It is a total mess of turns, loops and confusion.
Do yourself a favor and go to the BajaBound.com website, then click on "Before You Go" in the upper right. There you will find a bunch of Photo directions, the Toll road and Sentri lanes being the most important for us. Print them out, study them and have them available on the front seat next to you while you are driving. Finding your way to the Toll road is easy, then it will cost you about $6 - a few bucks at a time through the various booths along the way. I always bring $1 bills for this, as well as a bunch of quarters ( a few booths are $1.50) - if they have it, they will even give you the change in U.S. coins - otherwise expect to be getting pesos. Each booth lists the toll in pesos and U.S. currency, so its easy.
My last trip to San Quintin I got lucky on the way back, and ended up behind one of the Baja 1000 chase teams who seemed to be taking every initial turn I was following, so I just followed them (as they had obviously done it a ton of times).

Kayak storage - the top of your car maybe? That's where mine was when I wasn't sitting in it...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote