View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #14
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

We seem to have two conversations going on here. I will comment on the age and fitness angle. I would bet that the tingling you have has something to do with the way you are sitting in the yak. If the legs still work and from the way you describe yourself, they must, I would try to find sitting position that does not put pressure on the nerve or blood vessel that is causing the problem. Try a different seat. Raise the seat a bit so your legs are at a different angle. You might even try some exotic treatments such as acupuncture.

As one the the more senior guys out there, (I will be 60 in a couple weeks), I can say that a full day on the water wears me out. The knees ache and the muscles burn. On the other hand, it is activities such as this that keep me from feeling my age most of the time.

I don't know anyone that has the E-volve but there are a couple of guys on this forum, Morgan, (Roosta) and Chris (Hypoxic), who have the stern mounted version. From what I have heard, they love them, especially for the long trips to and from the grounds. Personally, I would rather have the exercise and ward off the pain with a nice bottle of wine later on.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote