View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 10:57 AM   #16
Druko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorLongArms View Post
Getting my tackle box ready for the trip...

I'm doing a bit of reading here and there, but wondering if there's any species you typically target this time of year, and with any specific lures/colors. Anybody care to share their go-tos? So far I've got a few mint tadys, diamonds, Crocs, and various waxwings

EDIT: Nevermind- I just spotted a thanksgiving thread with some great lure info.

Also-The guys I like to buy from at Johnny's in Altadena also just *gave* me this book when they heard I was heading down-

https://www.amazon.com/Baja-Catch-Fi.../dp/0929637046

It's a fun read, but I'm also taking it with a bit of a grain of salt. Most recent edition was 20 years ago, so I would gather it's a tad dated

It basically says Gonzaga is a great place to fish in the Spring and Fall, with summer being a furnace and Winter being pretty consistently stormy and windy.

I *did* notice a few posts about people picking up camp on prior Dec trips and running past weather fronts to avoid rough winds/seas.

Obviously the conditions will be what they are when they are what they are, (and yes I like talking/thinking about fishing as much as I like fishing ), but anybody have any thoughts on what it's typically like in Dec in Gonzaga?
Just be prepared for WIND, like at hurricane force speeds...lol.