View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 08:58 AM   #10
SLYAKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglory18 View Post
It really depends on the unit you are looking to get.

I had a 4" Lowrance unit that was in color and sonar only. It was EXCELLENT for water temps, depth, and bottom/structure ID'ing. I eventually wanted to upgrade to a DSI unit with GPS and I looked at about a dozen different display units, at three or four different stores all in 4" size. I just couldn't pull the trigger because the split screen function is damn near unreadable when it gets broken up that small. At the time I couldn't afford a larger screen so I never upgraded.

Now that I have the ability to get a new unit for my newest ride, and have the personal requirement to get a GPS / DSI / Sonar combo unit, I refuse to really look at anything smaller than a 5" display. For my eyes, anything smaller than that in a split screen unit is just too hard to read without focusing really hard on the screen.

Again, your eyes and the placement of the unit on your boat (I tend to put mine a bit farther away than most to keep it out of the way) will tell you what sized screen you should get. It's always better to save a little more and get the right until the first time rather than settling on something now and regretting it later (the EXACT reason I don't have one on my boat today...).
Thanks i think im gunna save and get a bigger one

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
SLYAKER is offline   Reply With Quote