View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 09:38 AM   #67
bluesquids

I've been geeking out on beers the last few years, I'm up to my 800th review now. Some of my new favorite easy to find ones.

Ipa's
Karl Strauss Aurora Hopilis......The current KS is not the KS of yesteryear.....absolute home run with this one, their Mosaic is also outstanding for a session beer.

Modern times has 4 seasonal canned beers ....it's Booming Rollers right now....so good.
It was just City of the sun, which I loved even more.

Lagunitas Waldo is out right now only released on 4/20.....this guy is 11.5% abv......might not be for everyone, but you only need one of these guys and a great bargain. I think it's complex and delicious....but it's a beast of a beer..

Easy drinkers...
Refuse brewery blood orange Wit from Temecula, in the black can......like what a shock top wishes it could be.

21st ammendment- sneak attack Saison.....saisons can get weird...this one is a clean straightforward example of the style. Great sunny summer day beer.

Sours
Sours are all the rage.
Mildest styles are your Gose's and Berliner weisse's

Sierra Nevada has the first coast to coast mass distribution of a sour style...it's tamed down a little for the masses but still delicious and refreshing, look for it. Called OTRA VEZ!

If you want more tart ....look for Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose. It's slap yo mamma tart.
If you want to jump right into a great classical sour that's more complex...Rodenbach Grand Cru

Others
Founders brewing is available in CA this year, previously you had to trade for it.
Founders Breakfast Stout, double chocolate, coffee, oatmeal...baby on the label!
Founders Curmudgeon, old ale
Founders backwoods bastard, Barrel aged wee heavy 11.6% abv

Last edited by bluesquids; 04-29-2016 at 09:57 AM.
bluesquids is offline   Reply With Quote