View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 09:13 AM   #14
knightnsd

trash guppy

Good name for them but they are supposedly great halibut bait since they run on the bottom or near it and are around the halibut, great bait for the slow days and bottom fishing, which seems like most days this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by isghj View Post
Double checking, those small light brown fish with short needle teeth, big head, kinda enemic: Those were lizard fish?

First time I've caught them on a sabiki before, thought they were some trash guppy or something, I thought I remembered reading about someone who caught lizardfish with mac/sardine and then used the lizard as bait, so I thought they would be a lot bigger.

Can you actually catch something with them? I only caught one that was above 5 inches in size, but they seemed really low energy, I didn't think putting one on a dropper would be any more enticing than using dead bait...

PS: Got skunked today personally, then again I only kept the macs for bait and didn't make them until 9:30, and the current kept pushing me back east. Good to know other people caught bait and fish with it, at least.
knightnsd is offline   Reply With Quote