Thread: F'n Sabiki!
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 02:57 AM   #45
philbro
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hill View Post
I got the first two make. The easy part is running 40lb flourocarbon down the tube for the swivels. Putting beads on the tube wasn't bad, I bought a bag of what is called pony beads, about 100 for $3, the carbon fiber tube was about $4, swivels $2 and $5 for the sacrificial sabiki. The hard part is putting the sabikis on the swivels. They are on short leaders and they are snelled onto the leaders so you can't replace the leader. You want them short enough to not get tangled with each other but about 4" long to hold them off the rod. I tied them on this time but I think a crimp will also work. I will let you know how it works when I get out next week.

Nice work. Sounds exactly like my prototype version 1.0. You're so right about putting the sabikis onto the swivels. The dropper lines were too short to allow a good uni knot. Well no, you could tie a knot but then the dropper was way too short, so then I got a sabiki manufacturer to custom make them for me. They are now called mini-traces.

philbro is offline   Reply With Quote