View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 12:23 PM   #13
matanaska
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
I'm not really up on Salmon regs but a quick look here says we don't have any one pole or barbless hook restrictions on Chinook down here south of Point Conception. https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Fishing/...n#recreational I'm not sure where the net only/no gaff regs are as there's no mention of that there or In the regs section 27.80 Salmon either.
I guess your right on the hooks cause it doesn't say anything about gear restrictions unless North of Point Conception. Maybe cause it's so rare. As far as the net rule here it is. The reason I mentioned that one is cause someone posted on Facebook that a game warden issued them a $700 ticket for not having a net. It is a statewide regulation, but it is kind of stupid for kayaks since the purpose of a net is to safely land and release undersized, no take, or out of season fish, but being right on the surface of the water it is easier to release a fish by hand in a kayak plus it is easier on the fish unless it's a nice rubberized net.

Gear restrictions
28.65 General

(d) No gaff hook shall be used to take or assist in landing any finfish shorter than the minimum size limit. For the purpose of this section a gaff hook is any hook with or without a handle used to assist in landing fish or to take fish in such a manner that the fish does not take the hook voluntarily in its mouth. No person shall take finfish from any boat or other floating device in ocean waters without having a landing net in possession or available for immediate use to assist in landing under- size fish of species having minimum size limits; the opening of any such landing net shall be not less than eighteen inches in diameter.
matanaska is offline   Reply With Quote