Thread: Winter Fishin
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 01:58 PM   #1
Smthtnnr
Fishing Addict

Winter Fishin

Ever think that when the stars align and you finally can get on the water for a day, or in my case a couple, that the fishing gods are trying to spite you? It seems like that always happens to me, but for once they took it easy on me, and gave me, well, unbelievably beautiful and peaceful conditions when those stars did align... with biting fish ta boot! Which meant that I have been doing a lot of fishing, without much time wasted at all on the internet, so this will be a couple reports in one

It started with a fun little trip meant to catch my little brother some bass... but quickly turned in to a wide open YT bite and my favorite fishing picture yet

Then my family took a trip up North to Morgan hill... and away from the Jewel (gasp), where I got to do a little bass fishin'

And then some coddin' with my brother and Uncle (with another epic picture of little man)

Then it was back to business at LJ, felt like the time would never come haha Kickass wintertime fishing chasing deep sonar schools til your legs cramped and arms fell off. Got on some fish with Bert and Josh, brutal day where the wind and current were so strong that at times the top speed we could reach was 0.5mph.... 5 miles out. Got home at 10, parked my car, puked my guts out, left all my shit on my car (pro angler included) and slept til 12 the next day. Brutal.

Then I got to sneak out one last time yesterday, with two buddies that had never even fished before. Needless to say, they were beyond stoked to see a monster 30lb fish come to gaff. Bummed I couldn't get them one, but thankful I got mine.

And this whole time, I got to see some epic meter marks on my brand new sonar

If you made it this far through my bad writing, subpar videos, and average pictures, congrats Good luck this weekend

Last edited by Smthtnnr; 01-08-2015 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Added video!
Smthtnnr is offline   Reply With Quote