View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 09:35 AM   #1
FISH11

La Jolla Yellowtail 5-5-19

I've been trying to go out at least once a week, weather permitting. In a few of the last trips, I've seen some large fish caught but in-spite of doing all the same things and being in the same spots, no hook ups. Even had multiple days of throwing Irons into boiling Yellows about 15-17lbs and with other kayakers and boater all looking at each other with the look like "WTF" not a single hook up, strange. So yesterday (I usually don't do weekends) but wanted to beat out the rains, I went out and finally had a little more sunshine and fishing luck. At first pull it was a little slow, so I first thought, Seal. Then the clicker started the beautiful scream, fish on and I set the drag. It truly is "The Tug Is The Drug!. Man it was soooo good to hear that rod bendo and drag and braid screaming! When I got it to the surface and was getting ready to gaff it and saw it's size I decided to release it so it can get bigger. It was lucky that it wasn't closer to or over 30lbs. Here is a short clip from my first attempt at using GoPro Quick. https://youtu.be/8oDzH4NL6-w
Attached Images

Last edited by FISH11; 05-22-2019 at 09:13 PM. Reason: add a couple still pictures
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote