View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginFish View Post
Beautiful day out there yesterday, and even better for some others. Clear, warm water, sunny, minimal surf, little wind, a few biting YT's and general good cheer on the water. Smallish barrecuda hitting lures and raking what few baits I could find (biggest challenge of the day was finding decent bait). Current running a bit southward keeping bull and other kelp less visible. Hook ups likely to weave macrame in the kelp - plan accordingly.

Note: Years past the norm here (and on the regional kayak-fishing blogs that preceded it) was to post so that others could benefit from the intel. Sorry to learn a few folks got overzealous and caved to the evils of "localism". As an undisputed member of LJ's (I hate this, but its evidently true) "old guard", can say the biggest lament about kayak fishing these days isn't the numbers, but the attitude. Consider this post my way of showing solidarity with those who believe in openly sharing so others can learn about relevant conditions as well as lessons, innovations and trophy fish.

Avery
This was what I loved so much about BWE when I joined a few years ago. I could login, read some reports, learn, ask questions, and feel like I was in a good place to learn kayak fishing. Then the swing came and it became clear that if you asked questions, posted a report, or whatever it was you were going to get crap from doing so, and at times threatened. What's with that? There's joking around and then there's crossing the line. I had someone threaten to punch me out if they ever saw me at La Jolla. That didn't scare me off from going to La Jolla because there's plenty of witnesses there, and I know how to defend myself if needs be.

I may not be liked by everyone, and that's O.K. but this is fishing and I'd be willing to chat it up with anyone to learn, help, and just flat out have fun fishing. I hope this site gets back to what I remember when I first logged on.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote