View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 11:01 AM   #8
Ljs089
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. NiceGuy View Post
Thanks Brandon. I'm using a Lowrance Elite 5 Chirp. I don't care about the heart monitoring.

It still gives me a headache because I'm not properly through the learning curve. Using all it's features is not automatic for me without fiddling around with punching through distracting menus getting woozy when I would rather be looking at the water and concentrating on fishing. I'm still not quite sure if I'm looking at debris in the water or something more significant.

Maybe I have a mental block, or at least a minor rebellious attitude problem to overcome

Thanks for the recommendation. You are right, of course. I just need to kick my butt and force myself to learn my way through this to the point of being more FF-literate.
Use fish id, it works for me. It just takes practice, sometimes we are just looking at debris, once you learn the structured areas and your target species you can get a good idea of whether they're fish down there or not based on size and the water column they're swimming at. I also use an Elite 5 chirp. A good app is fishbrain, check it out as a trial and cancel if you don't like it, it's 60 bucks a year membership. I know a lot of people on here work hard to find they're YT and WSB and don't want to give up their spots but honestly you can get a good idea of where everything is at based on that app. On top of that, most youtube videos if you look at the background enough you can mark land marks like specific buildings and get a good idea of where people are at. I'm self taught like the majority, i use google earth for structure, noaa maps for depth, no one will tell you where to find fish but it's not hard to find them either, it's just whether they feel like biting that day or not.
Ljs089 is offline   Reply With Quote