View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 06:25 PM   #1
Jimmyz123

What happened to the Fred Hall Show?

For the last 5 years I have given raving reports of the Del Mar Fred Hall Shows, well, not this year. Not sure if it was because I can't fish for a while due to my arm, or if I just did not see what I wanted to see.

My dad and I were there less than two hours, and I really wanted to stay until after 7 P.M. so I could hear Cpt. Nelson speak. Sorry dude my arm was bugging me and the show was kind of dull. My wife and I may go back tomorrow so I may hear Nelson speak as well as Jim Sammons, and see if there is a deal or two I can't pass up.

Here are the deals I did find. 3 Uni-Butters for $20, not bad. I donated $5 to the DFG and got a great Fish directory for fresh and saltwater fish. That's all I bought, yes I walked out of there spending less than $30. My dad paid for parking. O.K. I did pay $12 for the ticket. So $42 total on the day, still not bad for me.

I did have a great talk with the guys from OEX about the Kayaks and setups. Randy Jones the crafty lefty talked to me for a great length of time about the rehab on my arm, that guy is top notch if you ask me.

If you went and found it to be more exciting than what I'm posting here please tell us. Again it may be due to me not being able to fish any time soon, but I think there was something really missing this year. What do you think?
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote