Thread: LJ 9/22 PM
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2005, 07:57 PM   #1
Dennis

LJ 9/22 PM

Got to the launch @ 330. Waves were 1 ft, water temp 66, water vis. 10ft, and nice breeze out of the south. Glassy water.
Paddled over to the pier to make bait, nothing but big greens. We scratched that idea and paddled to the kelp. Got to the kelp and spoke to a couple of guys that said it was slow. Lots of bird action on the outside, but my kayak is too slow. Met up with Romel at the kelp, when we noticed a thick layer of fog coming in from the north.. We were going to call it a day if the fog got closer. But it held up over Blacks. Romel and I stayed close to the hotel, and my buddy Newt stayed close to the buoy. Romel decided to chase some birds and I stayed at the 90. Lots of bait in the water, so I started throwing the iron. I start the retrieve and get hooked up. It gets the gaff and I call Romel over. He starts yo-yoing and hooks up right next to me.. I get a hold of Newt and he's on too. All in about a couple of hours.
Landed at 530 and saw Nate, with the little one. Thanks again for taking the group shot.. Nice day to be on the water. All fish were caught on the irons.. From left to right 14.7, 16.4, 14.6 #.. I got the smallest one, because I'm the shortest... ...go figure..
Met a guy named Matt on the beach who also caught one.. Also spoke to a free diver who had a yellow and WSB..

Be safe out there,
Dennis
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote