View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 05:28 AM   #16
Saba Slayer

Sorry HobieOne...

Sorry HobieOne...I can't let you off the hook that easily..." I'll stick to fishing around the mpa though and leave the meetings to you brother."
"Hey Bro"...I hate going to meetings...they are contentious, and boring. Trust me I'd rather be anywhere else than volunteering to drive to Bakersfield to comment in front of the Commission about your new lobster regs or the WSB fishery management plan. There's nothing like having a fight over your natural rights to fish with the commercial, extreme Ecos, and the DFW. The Ocean Conservancy and Heal the Bay don't miss a meeting!
This is a perfect example of the typical fisherman's APATHY that is allowing the "other side" to take away our fishing areas and rights. Just let someone else do it...!!!!
I could give you the answer easily as could about half of the BWE community that are vets of the MLPA process....but I won't...INSTEAD...please come to the next CCA CAL San Diego Chapter's meeting and ask Louis Almeda or one of the other members to explain how the MPA lines work and who sets them.
The next meeting is on Wednesday the 27th from 6pm to 8:30pm at Dos Desperados Brewery at 1241 Linda Vista Dr. in San Marcos.
And now the big question...are you a member of the CCA CAL?
Please join the CCA and then volunteer to help defend your fishing rights...Be a part of the solution...not part of the problem.
"I'm honestly interested if moving it is even a possibility though so if you could save me a trip to a meeting i'd really appreciate it, thanks."
I'd love it if someone would step up and "save me" a few trips to some meetings!!!!
OK rant over...now you can go on with organizing your tourney!

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote