View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 06:22 AM   #11
Mr. NiceGuy
Manic for Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFlavorPike View Post
I think you really get what you pay for in technical fabrics.
Nice things that work well for their intended purpose are nice to have. Hence, this thread. We are drawing upon a lot of combined experience here.

I have a pair of single layer thin and loose fitting nylon fast dry travel pants that I got on the bargain rack at A-16 Mission Valley about 20 years ago that are nearly the same now as the day I bought them. Wish I knew who made them. Probably generic. Simple and perfect for any temperature or season. Blood doesn't stick at all. Fully respectable style for a cool margarita on the way home after a robust day of fishing

The Columbia shirts above look comfortable.

I've tried similar style sports shirts that come and go regularly at Costco. That's been hit or miss. Some are OK for fishing, others get discarded as bunk after a couple of fishing trips.

I recently found an elegant (for me) button-up long sleeved Columbia sports/travel shirt with a collar. It's made of some kind of rip-stop nylon-like tech fabric. It was on the discount rack at Sports Authority Grossmont Center that has been excellent for fishing and sun protection. I'm not a fashionista (more like a t-shirt, carpenter pants and flip-flop guy), but it's one of the best looking shirts I have in my limited arsenal if I go out for a dinner date. I'll probably screw it up, butt hay, that's the way it goes. Columbia seems to make worthy products.

Thanks for all the tips.

Last edited by Mr. NiceGuy; 03-31-2016 at 06:58 AM.
Mr. NiceGuy is offline   Reply With Quote