View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 07:03 AM   #6
Saba Slayer

Danny Jones

Baja Traveler...Thanks for supporting CCA CAL...that is what these tourneys are all about...having fun with the kayaking community and helping to fund CCA CAL...it's also about branding for the CCA...believe it or not there are still some folks that don't know what CCA is or does.

I've included live and dead bait, scents , A rigs and just about anything in the tourneys to try and "even the field".
I was hoping to work towards a Hobie Worlds qualifier with our Mission Bay Tournament but with such poor attendance for an open type tourney...it only makes me wonder if the kayaking community can support an artificial only qualifying tournament?
Hobie is watching our tourneys to see if we can get it together to bring a Worlds Qualifier to Southern California...apparenty not...!

Danny Jones is in the tourney and he bested Derwin at the Classic...
Don't go into this thinking you don't have a chance...Think positive and maybe you'll get that big bag of bass.

"Didn't last year we all have a chance at winning the Hobie i11s just for participating? This year it changed to the biggest stringer in all tournaments.
Maybe everybody gave up when they realized that Derwin's name is already on that PA12, I don't know..."
This year Hobie is giving away $1000 in accessories at each event...they thought that giving away a kayak at each tourney saturates the market with 4 free kayaks and that means that Andy and the other dealers will probably see that yak on Craigs List soon after the tourney and it's one less sale for them...It's logic I can't argue with since they are the sponsors......and the i11s was a raffle prize last year...Guess who was lucky enough to win that yak in the raffle...Derwin...LOL...!

Mr Chang will have to beat 3 other stringers caught in the other events before he claims that PA 12 and I guarantee that the other venues will have bigger bags of bass than the Mission Bay event....so don't put the Chang Gang's name on that PA yet...LOL!
There are some quality anglers aiming for Derwin at the Dana and SM Bay events.

A 16 year old kid won the biggest fish side pot...last year.....so maybe an old guy might win this year...you don't have a chance if your line's not in the water...

We all know the big Sandies live outside the bay and thats where the big bags of bass are coming from. The wind is forecast to be down in the AM and then ramp up as the day goes...so if you go outside be careful and try and get your fish in the morning.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote