View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #26
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Novotny View Post
And there are more thinks on land to be scared if them getting eaten by a shark. I only wish I could be honored with such a cool way to go. Think if the obit page: eaten by a great white while doing what he loved. A glorious death
Me thinks you might jump the gun once in a while.
Another responder already pointed out, it is off of South Africa, not South America, which is the most famous place that breaching occurs with Great Whites. And having watched many nature shows, I've seen that it is also occurring off of Australia, with it being noted that it's likely to occur just about anywhere Great Whites occur.
That said, I'd still question a Great White siting from the freeway. An actual viewing of a 100 yards away or less and I'll take anyone's word on it. Afterall, there are plenty of them out there.
I'll pass on being devoured by a Great White. I don't think the survivors of Great White attacks, say, "It was a noble feeling, that shark eating my arm, I just wish he'd finish the job".
I'll take drifting off to death in old age, asleep, with a dream of fishing running through my head.
Aaron