View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 09:01 PM   #1
GoGoGoJack

Dogged by those Rascally SeaDogs!!!!

Oct. 3rd, 2nd try at La Jolla ---

5:30am launch with buddy in the dark -- BOTH OF US GOT NEWBIE SOAKED FROM HEAD TO TOE... no doubt we entertained some of the local LJ beach-launch veterans!

6:30am over by the kelp, we made bait --- about 10 greenback each (maybe with the help of some cat food... or maybe just found hungry greenies), and we started to fish.

Just like the week before, those pesky SeaDogs started sneaking up on us and freelunching our flylined greenies, but this turned out to be good thing, as I paddled further out to escape the dogs and got lucky hooking up with two YT's and a large Bonita.

Started to try some luck with a crocodile when suddenly, I turn to look and there's a dog AGAIN, with his chest on the back of my yak greedily trying to get at the yt's and bonita I had there... Luckily they were well fastened to a stringer and covered with a wet burlap gunny sack! Ha!!!! Jack 1, Seal Zero!

Later in afternoon, buddy Kevin hooks up with something YT-ish... but ping! lost it!

Soon after, I also hook up with something YT-ish with the croc lure... after 30+ plus minutes of fighting, finally starting to get the fish up close to seeing color... when in comes yet another DOG (or for all I know, the same dog as before) and robs me! Grrrr! Jack 1, Seal 1. Tie Score! At least he was kind enough to let me have my croc lure back!

Hmm.... is 20# test too light? If we go heavier will YT's be line shy? Gotta try and see! Can't help wondering about the size of the two YT's that got away from us!

All in all, our very first two tries at LJ made for some good adventure and crazy fun! LJ was everything we heard it was... and much more!!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by GoGoGoJack; 10-05-2015 at 09:11 PM. Reason: adding pic's
GoGoGoJack is offline   Reply With Quote