Thread: Dana Point BSB
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 08:03 PM   #1
tstephens3232

Dana Point BSB

Short Story: Dana Point, 60.4 degrees, bite came around 10:30 on a greenie, dropper loop, about a 85lb BSB... fish swam away healthy after a little towing.

Long Story: Moved from south florida a few years ago for work. Fished for a living for a while over there and finally got sick of paying $350 a trip. Really tough when you're used to being paid to fish. From Daemon's post a while back my family was one a handful that revived the swordfishing, unbelievable wide open for a few years before people caught one, 3 fish 150lb+ a night was common. Anyway... was using a hand me down 11 foot yak for a while, catching calico's... wasn't satisfying the itch... got a great deal on native slayer propel 13' and was finally able to take it out today. Launched at Dana Point ramp (no wheels yet) around 630. Greenies where solid in about 70 feet straight out. Peddled out to 110' and started working between there and 80'. About 10:30 in 80' got a bump. 15 minutes later a nice BSB that went about 85lbs. Felt good to pull on something solid for a change, just gotta work on the species.

I've been following the forums for a few months, thanks for all the local knowledge and laughs.

Daemon - if you read this... i'm ready for those night trips.
Attached Images

tstephens3232 is offline   Reply With Quote