View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
blitzburgh

Break in the weather, Rockfish beat down.

This last year my wife started saltwater fishing with me and she is totally addicted. We do a lot of 3/4 day trips so I get my yak time in whenever I can. She was at a Yoga event today and with the lull between these weather systems, I decided to go poke around for some Rockies at Newport. Got to the launch later than I like but it wasn't too busy. Said hey to a couple of dudes launching in some PA12's but didn't catch names. Started out to the spot about 8:30 and got to my first and only stop for the day a few minutes after 9. This spot is a nice piece of structure that has kicked out quality fish over and over. I have never seen anyone else on it and hopefully that continues . First drop on the strip squid and was pegged by a toad Brown, the biggest of the day. Just over 21", not sure on weight, maybe 3-1/2 or 4? The bite was non-stop and I got my limit in a hair over an hour, all quality fish. 5 Browns, 2 Goats and 3 Reds. I had 2 different drops where I was busted off by some brutes on 30lb mono, had my rod pegged against the yak. So much fun. Left em biting and headed in at 10:30. Love it when a plan comes together.
Attached Images