View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #35
wade

Step outside our perfect little worlds for a minute..
Use your brain and think about it just a bit further, but from the perspective of a thief..The same "problem" you mention but fail to fully recognize, is in the divers favor of being UN-detected..These aren't regular recreational divers first off. You can all live there, and or be hooping 100 yards from me off your surfboards or yaks, but you dont have any clue as to my ordeal & the direct cause. Territorial Surfers will drop in on a kook in a heartbeat harass and even maim his back with their skegs for no good reason other than wave rights. These are pissed of thieving divers who think they own the ocean. The entire water column was glowing. & that means EVERYTHING. Every wave, every little piece of bait is glowing. Every piece of kelp is lit up like a christmas tree. Every second something else is glowing everywhere you look. They had a pretty good cover of distraction going on, especially when you have to keep your guard up at all times in that impact zone & on a yak. Glowing Seals, Glowing waves, Glowing broken off kelp, your precious seven gill sharks glowing ,neon dolphins, and most importantly is the rope from the traps also lights up making it extremely EASY to find in those soupy conditions, especially when its first being dropped & given 15 minutes before you return... AND being covered by a upper canopy of kelp also does a great job of hiding your trails from above.. Its very plausible, because it did happen & no other way did it occur. I have an open mind, and know exactly what caused this & It sure wasnt no seven gill. I have hooped this tight boiler section and countless others in the complete dark, up the entire coast from Mexico to Long Beach, in 10-15 foot seas and small craft warnings at night, and NEVER flipped. Ive gotten swamped on breaking sneaker waves @ night, & never flipped. I hooped right on TOP of razor sharp barnacled jetty rock piles @ night, ive trapped all over the East coast, on the Atlantic Ocean for Crabs, Bugs, even down in the Keys and Gulf of Mexico for Stone Crabs ,Bugs,shrimp,ect & never have I had cuts like this. not even on razor sharp Oyster beds. Not from the Alligators or from Bull sharks chewing on my standing lines, nothing has compared to this, when I repair my nets frequently from minor cuts and tears which is understandable & comes with the territory..When someones car get broken into again next week, or your stuff gets stolen right from under your noses in broad daylight, make sure to tell the police it was none other than a roving brazen gang of Mexican Seven Gills. They MUST be stopped!

Last edited by wade; 10-06-2011 at 12:20 PM.