Thread: "My shoe..."
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
Kahouna

"My shoe..."

I don't know if anyone remembers Eddie Murphy's stand-up where he talks about one of his family members falling down the stairs and losing their shoe, but that was what I felt like today. I got a late start, so I had to do the traffic thing. Ended up timing the launch wrong and got drenched by a big wave. Had to mooch a handful of maks off a fellow yaker (Thanks!). My bilge pump switch shorted out and all my bait croaked. I'm still wearing the white stripe of the poo-kitty. I grossly misjudged the waves on the return and ended up flipping with the yak giving me a kiss on the noggin'. Missed the grab with the next wave and watched as my yak glided peacefully to the shore, while I stood there trying to find the one pole that came loose (your welcome Davey). I got rolled hard enough that one of my shoes came off and was also waiting for me on the beach.

All-in-all, it was one of those days. Live and learn, move on. Laugh at what you can walk away from and hope your humility will find it's way home.
Kahouna is offline   Reply With Quote