View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #11
Famous2146

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb View Post
Zed,

I hear you. It is unlikely that I would ever get worked up by anything said by any of the folks that have 2005 in their BWE join date.

Personally, I've never had a strong stand on the whole mothershipped kayak versus launched from the shore. I recognize and respect the fact that other folks do. That one is as old as the Waders of Death.

For me, I don't even care what I'm on - hooking and landing that fish is the part I'm attracted to the most... Now - hooking, fighting and landing any of those fish from a kayak versus from a boat IS a different experience, both being fun. Given the nature of offshore game, and the fact that it's all about covering ground to see/find that situation where you may score, I just feel kayak is highly disadvantaged. Instead of finding and playing with that offshore fish, your biggest challenge is actually making it there, and making it back safely. And you better have your shit in order for that, and years of experience under your belt, to pull that off. Sure thing that you and John do, but vast majority of people that may be bouncing these ideas now likely don't.

There has been these offshore trips in the past, search forums for more dope. If you go, make sure you are ready for it, have safety gear, be ready to be paddling a ton, be ready for the winds and currents you'd have to deal with. It is no easy drill.

I am just trying to make sure we don't read about any of those kayak offshore trips in the news...
What wold you recommend someone do for conditioning? I consider my self to be in great shape and am interested in doing or joining an event like this.
Famous2146 is offline   Reply With Quote