View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #60
roadx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
It is extremely easy to invent reasons to protect yourself from any kind of danger imaginable. But really, how many people does anyone here know that actually got hit by a boat, let alone knocked unconscious? Or even lost consciousness from falling off their kayak? Same goes for the odds that you are going to spontaneously develop a medical condition that incapacitates you. Not that those with known medical conditions wouldn't be at higher risk. You are far more likely to get run over as you jog, bicycle, skateboard etc. down the street IMHO.

Being able and prepared to save yourself far outweighs the tiny odds that a self inflating PFD is going to save your unconscious body. Especially when you have to remove it to remount your kayak. In that vein, would another length of rope and step have helped you to climb up onto your kayak Tony?
Greg, i think you need to invite me to every outing you go on(killing white bass, halibut and yellowtail) to ensure you have a buddy incase you go unconscious.

seriously Please invite me!