View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 03:11 PM   #10
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
Since it affected your "KAYAK FISHING" (i.e. MLPA closures, licenses, fees, tickets, etc.)

Get complacent and they'll outlaw fishing. All you'll be left with is kayaking.
I am going to assume that by “you” you do not mean me personally.

Fishing friends that know me can tell you that; I have been very active since 2006, when I met Ken Jones. The author of Pier Fishing in California, 2nd addition. The president of United Pier and Shore Anglers of California (UPSAC) and owner of pierfishing.com website. I have spent money and time for fishing related causes including fighting the City of Manhattan Beach for closing the pier.

Many hours spent in meetings regarding MLPA as the board member and the Southern California representative for UPSAC.

Much time and money spent in giving seminars and conducting kid’s derbies to get the next generation interested in fishing.
Running a booth at Fred Hall Show to sign up members to help UPSAC with fishing related issues.

The old proverb says “don’t use canon to kill a mosquito”. For less than a cost of dinner for two in a moderately priced restaurant, a YEARLY fishing license can be purchased.
It will put the anglers’ mind at ease who wants to fish fresh and salt water for an ENTIRE year.
It also helps the F&W with income to do their job. They are short staffed, and by not buying license, they will lose more revenue and may become even smaller.

My suggestion is to spend time and money to reverse MLPA. Put the fishing license on the Xmas list and then forget about the cost.

Lastly, since there is no license required to fish any California public pier and most jetties, one can avoid paying for dreaded fishing license and still enjoy fishing!

I can go on and on, but I think I will stop at this point.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote