View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #31
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by eod View Post
Baja or bust March 21-24
This was an excellent trip and definitely worth the drive from Idaho.
Because this was my first saltwater kayak adventure I was a bit hesitant to kayak too far from the shoreline but that turned out to be a good thing because most of the fish were caught near the coast. Day 1 caught one good size cabrillia 10-15 lbs and released it. Day 2 morning was fantastic! Boiling orange mouthed corvina, I had several double hook ups and landed seven of them most in the 8 lb range. Day 2 afternoon was slow but still caught several small fish. Day 3 no keepers but caught lots of smaller fish, had a blast catching endless barracuda, sierra mackerel, sand bass, small cabrillia, sculpin, boiling jacks and tried without success to hook some of the monster yellowtail swimming around me. Day 4 caught a nice cabrilla between 10-15 lbs, one orange mouth corvina, one hog fish and several smaller fish. Definitely landed over 100 fish on this trip
Overall this trip was exactly what I was hoping it would be, great weather, people, food, and fishing
I wish that I could have stayed longer, I’ll be back
Steve, it was a good trip for all, glad you felt it was worth driving from UTAH. I hope to get you back down again, maybe for a few more days next time. SO many fish, SO little time. March, April and May are good times to fish here, June through October can be very hot down here, but the fishing is still fantastic.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote